As a kid I used to love it when Easter was “late,” because it meant that the weather had a better chance of being nicer AND that the end of the school year wasn’t far away. But now as an adult….well things haven’t changed much! It just “feels” like its Easter time!
We have a very full week of ministry and activity in front of us here at Ebenezer, both at our church and in the community. Here is the “rundown”:
1. Palm Sunday –Easter Cantata and Fellowship Meal
2. Wednesday 7 pm to Thursday 7 pm – 24 Hour Prayer Vigil
3. Maundy Thursday Service – 7 pm. “Breads and Spreads” Fellowship time afterwards. Bring your favorite bread (homemade or from your favorite bakery) and/or your favorite spread (jelly/jam/cream spreads/etc…) to share!
4. Community Good Friday Service at Emmanuel United Methodist Church at 7 pm.
5. Saturday - Community Yard Sale in Brownstown.
6. Community Egg Hunt at West Earl Lions Club Park at 1 pm.
7. Community Easter Morning Sunrise Service at Carpenters Community Church at 6:15 am.
8. Easter Morning – Celebration Service at 10:15
Here’s what’s happening:
1. This Sunday is the last Sunday for our collection of fabric, old towels and other sewing supplies for a GAiN project at Fairmount Homes.
2. The sample T-shirts will be in the annex again this Sunday for you to check out. Please have your orders in by Easter.
3. The VBS sign up sheet is posted in the sanctuary…VBS is an “All Hands On Deck” event for our church, please consider helping out.
4. Spring Cleaning at Ebenezer – Saturday 4/27 from 9 am till ???. The more folks that come, the less time it will take!
5. We still have open slots for our Prayer Vigil. If you haven’t done so please check it out on Sunday.
6. Maundy Thursday service is on 4/18 at 7 pm. This is a shorter service that will conclude with Communion served at the altar and is followed by our 3rd annual “Breads and Spreads” fellowship time. You are welcome to bring a homemade baked good or one from your favorite bakery to share!
7. Parents – We will not be having Junior Worship on 4/14 or 4/21 so the kids can enjoy the music of the Cantata and so we can all worship together on Easter morning. I’m busy preparing a “Pastor Scott Sermon Bingo” game for them to play to help them stay engaged during the sermon. Nursery will be available as always.
This week is our Easter Cantata, with a fellowship meal after the service. Enjoy the week and we will see you on Sunday.