Thanks to everyone who gave diapers, baby wipes, and all the other baby essentials for Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services. They were beyond thrilled when I dropped everything off this morning! What a tremendous blessing to be able to partner with SVPS as they share the love of Christ to single moms.
This Sunday we begin our fall (even though we are in the middle of a heat wave) sermon series on the book of Nehemiah and our focus for this Sunday will be the idea of having a purpose in life. I have found that the lack of purpose is the cause for a lot of discontentment and strife in the world today. Many people, especially young people, just don’t seem to have a reason to get out of bed in the morning and just sort of go through the motions of life. This lack of purpose can lead to all sort of dangerous paths.
But here’s the deal – it’s not just the young people that struggle with the lack of purpose! In fact, one of the stages of life that the struggle is the most real is right after a person retires! If you know of someone who is struggling with finding their purpose in life, this Sunday would be a great opportunity to invite them to worship with us at Ebenezer.
Here’s what’s happening:
1. We now have a TV and DVD player in the nursery to use when it is time for the little ones to take a break (or for the workers to have a break!). We could use some DVD’s to keep in the nursery.
2. Bible Adventure (formerly Released Time) starts back on Thursday, September 13.
3. There will be a brief meeting after church on Sunday, 9/16 in the annex to introduce our new visitation ministry “Ebenezer At Home.” This meeting is for anyone who might be interested in being a part of the ministry and visiting our at-home church members. Coming to the meeting DOES NOT mean that you are committing to the ministry, it is just for informational purposes! We will be done by about 11:45.
4. On Sunday, October 7 there will be a light lunch served in the fellowship hall for all who are new to Ebenezer and would like to learn more about our church, our denomination, and our vision for the future! If you are thinking about connecting at Ebenezer at a deeper level, this lunch is for YOU! Please let me know if you are coming so we can have plenty of food. We will be done by 12:45.
5. To be put on your calendars – Harvest Fest this year is on October 25.
6. We found 3 rings downstairs in kitchen this week. If they are yours and you can identify the country of origin of the stones in them, please see me.
Looking forward to cooler temperatures,