As you have undoubtedly noticed, this summer has brought a tremendous amount of rain and humidity to Lancaster County, and it has caused some real issues for people. There has been lots of flooding and property damage. Sinkholes have opened up all over, including a major one at Tanger Outlets. The most recent ramifications of all this moisture has been the discovery of mold at Smoketown Elementary and, as of last night (Monday), mold at Brownstown Elementary as well.
This is not the start of the school year that anyone at Conestoga Valley would have wanted, as both elementary schools are now delayed in starting the school year. The presence of mold in these schools is causing massive disruptions to lives of the teachers, administrators and support staff, and has caused a lot of headaches for parents as well.
I want to let you know that I have reached out to Dr. Graybill (Principal at Brownstown) to offer our support and prayers and asked him to let me know if there is something that Ebenezer can do to support the school during chaotic time. If there is a need, I will certainly pass it along.
Last week I asked you to join me in praying for our schools and our students…this week I’m going to ask for continued prayers!
Here’s what’s happening:
1. Ministry Council Meeting this Monday, August 27 at 6:30pm at the church.
2. Congregational Life Committee Meeting this Wednesday, August 29 at 6:30pm at the church.
3. Bible Adventure (formerly Released Time) starts back on Thursday, September 13.
4. Adult SS Classes resume on Sunday, 9/9.
5. We are collecting diapers, wipes, and other baby items through Labor Day weekend in support of Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services. Thanks to everyone who had already donated, the table in the sanctuary is quite full!
I invite you to read 2 John this week in preparation for Sunday morning. Last week I advised wearing steel-tipped shoes to the service, but this week your best pair of “walking” shoes will do just fine!!