I can’t believe that Memorial Day is upon us. May seems to go by quicker and quicker each year. I hope that you are able to celebrate and enjoy the good weather that seems to be on tap for the weekend. Take a few moments as well to remember the brave men and women who gave their lives in service of our country. There is A LOT happening over the next few weeks, please take some time to read over everything below!
Here’s what’s happening:
- It is VBS registration time. The registration portal is open and active on the website. It’s easy to fill out. PLEASE encourage your grandkids, neighbors, nieces, nephews, etc…to preregister!
- It is “Child Clearance Update” time once again. Everyone who has had clearances done in the past is still good to go. However, if you haven’t had them done, please see me ASAP.
- VBS Decorating tomorrow from 6:30 – 8 pm. It continues each Thursday night until VBS on June 11-15.
- Sunday School will begin the summer schedule on June 3rd. There will be one adult class meeting in the annex. This summer’s study is based the book “Anxious for Nothing” by Max Lucado.
- Church Picnic Items:
1. Sunday, June 10 at 10 am at West Earl Community Park (please note the earlier start time).
2. Sign up board to bring food is posted in the sanctuary.
3. We will be having the silent auction once again. Please see Kristi Berry if you have something you would like to donate to the auction.
4. We are hoping to update the church directory this summer. Bob Spade will be taking pictures for it at the church picnic if you would like an updated one to be in it. We will also be asking everyone to check their directory information and make any corrections at the picnic.
- The E.C. National Conference is May 30th – June 1st. I will not be in the office on those days.
- We are still in need of a choir director for the fall. Please see me or Deb Frey if you are interested.
- St. David's EC Church of Dover is sponsoring a bus trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC on Friday, July 13, 2018. They are looking for some folks who might be interested to go along. The bus will leave from St. David's parking lot at 8:00 AM and return around 6:00 PM. The total cost is $65.00 and covers the cost of transportation and admission to the museum. Meals are on your own. Make your reservations by calling the church office at 717-764-0033.
- CVCCS has put out a plea for more volunteer help over the summer months. Volunteers are needed to serve during daytime hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at CVCCS. If interested, please go to www.cvccs.org to fill out a volunteer application.
- The upstairs ladies bathroom is getting a makeover. Thanks to the 9:15 class for heading up the renovations. Special thanks to Ed Strausser and Fred Quigley for the many man-hours they are putting in this week.
This Sunday finds us in Esther 6, as the downfall of Haman begins. Do you know of someone who is feeling discouraged in life, perhaps because it feels like nothing they do is ever rewarded? If so, I would encourage you to invite them to join us on Sunday! My hope and prayer is that all of us will leave the worship service on Sunday feeling equipped and encouraged!