Three months ago, we had a congregational meeting to discuss where God might be leading us as a church family. A big part of that meeting was laying out a series of ministry goals that we wanted to start to implement. Then I visited with each of the Sunday School classes for a time of discussion.
So, what we been working on since then? Plenty! However, just like our current sermon series of Esther, a lot of what we have been doing has been “behind the scenes.”
We held a very meaningful prayer vigil during Holy Week. We have begun to update and create job descriptions for our volunteer positions. We purchased new microphones for the worship services and also purchased a second earpiece microphone. We put together welcome bags for visitors on Easter Morning. A meeting has been scheduled to discuss Junior Worship. The 9:15 class purchased Bibles for us to give to others in honor of Barry Zimmerman.
I’ll continue to give some periodic updates as to what is happening “behind the scenes” at Ebenezer. We look forward to seeing more and more visible works of an invisible God happening in our midst!
Here’s what’s happening:
1. Evangelical Theology Seminary turns 65 in 2018. They have requested that all E.C. churches consider giving a “gift” in celebration. We will be taking a love offering on Sunday, May 6th in support of the seminary. If you would like to contribute, please note your contribution for “Evangelical Seminary” in a separate envelope or using a separate check.
2. There will be a VBS Meeting on Tuesday, May 8 at 6:30 pm at the church. This meeting is for ALL who are planning to help with VBS this year. Registration for VBS is now LIVE on the church website.
3. There will be a meeting for all the folks involved in the Junior Worship ministry on Sunday, May 6th during the Sunday School hour. We will be discussing the ministry to determine if any “tweaks” are needed and also planning the summer schedule. WE COULD USE A FEW MORE VOLUNTEERS! If you at all interested please come to the meeting to learn more about this important ministry.
4. If you would like to be a part of our prayer chains (either via email or phone) please let me know in the next week or so, as we will be updating our lists.
5. It is “Child Clearance Update” time once again. Everyone that has had clearances done in the past is still good to go! However, if you haven’t had them done before, please see me ASAP.
6. Making decorations for VBS will start up on next Thursday, May 10 at from 6:30 – 8pm at the church and continue each Thursday night leading up to VBS.
Every epic story has a nasty villain and on Sunday we meet Mordecai and Esther’s nemesis, a wicked man named Haman. I encourage you to read Esther 3 in preparation for Sunday!