One of the main points of the message this past Sunday was that Jesus is still using ordinary people who can do ordinary things in order to show His extraordinary love to others. On Monday I received an email with just such an opportunity!
Once again CVCCS is sponsoring a summer lunch program for kids. CVCCS prepares and delivers hot lunches 3 days a week during June, July and the first half of August. These meals are free to all children! Our church is a host site. Here’s what we need as far as volunteers:
3 people to help serve lunches. You would be responsible for only one day a week and would need to be at the church from around 11:30 -1:30. Serving lunches involves receiving the food from the CVCCS delivery person, passing them out to the kids, and then more light clean up afterwards. There is also a little paperwork involved to track how many lunches we serve each day.
1 person to serve at site supervisor. This person serves as the contact person for CVCCS and makes sure that someone is available to serve a lunch each day.
Please consider helping if your schedule allows. This ministry is a true blessing for the kids, some of whom would not get lunch otherwise.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
We are also in need of a choir director. This person selects the Christmas and Easter Cantata each year and then leads in the choir in about 8-9 practices, dress rehearsal, and, of course, the Sunday morning service. There is a small stipend in the budget for the choir director. If you would be interested in leading the choir, please see me.
Here’s what’s happening:
1. This Sunday, April 8, Jesse North from Intervarsity Christian Fellowship will be returning to Ebenezer and will be giving the morning message.
2. The elevator, which was giving us trouble Sunday, is working once again.
3. We are still in need of helpers in the nursery. Please consider serving and contact Shirley Echternach.
4. Saturday, 4/14 – Spring Clean Up Day from 8am until whenever the work gets done (probably by 11am).
5. I am looking for folks who participated in the 24 hour prayer vigil to give me some feedback on their experiences. What went well? What was a struggle? How did God speak to you? Would you do it again or even recommend it someone else? Send me an email or connect with me at church with your thoughts!
See you on Sunday,