There is A LOT happening over the coming weeks and months at Ebenezer…and we need some help to make everything happen. Please read through the announcements and see where you can connect!
Here’s what’s happening…
1. TONIGHT – Ebenezer At Home - There will be an organizational/training meeting from 6:30 -7:30 in the annex for anyone interested being a part of the visitation team. I’ll be sharing some thoughts on what to do (and what to avoid) during a visit and talking about how to respond to delicate situations when visiting someone.
2. Joanne Swords-Wang would like to meet with the kids after the worship service on Sunday to go over the songs they’ll be a part of for the Christmas Cantata.
3. Choir Practice for the Christmas Cantata continues every Monday night at 7pm.
4. Harvest Fest prep work continues this Thursday night from 6:30-8pm. The big event is on 10/25. We could use a few more folks to help out on the 25th with running the games.
5. We are also collecting candy for the Harvest Fest. You can place it next to our usual food collection box for CVCCS.
6. We are designating, Sunday 11/11 as a Day of Giving. We will once again be collect big cans of food for Stoneridge Retirement Home and small cans of food for CVCCS. This will also be the morning that the Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are collected! We will begin collecting these items on 10/28. In addition to all of that, we will be taking a special offering (during our normal offering) to give to Mennonite Disaster Services for hurricane relief in the Florida panhandle.
7. 11/11 is ALSO our annual Thanksgiving fellowship meal after the service. Please bring your favorite dessert (homemade or from your favorite bakery) to share at the meal. Our kitchen committee has a number of members who are dealing with some health issues. We REALLY need some help with this meal and the fellowship meal after the Cantata on 12/2. If you are able and willing to help please see Elaine Quigley.
8. We are in need of some additional ushers for 2019. Please see Eric Echternach or Barry Imhoff if you would be willing to usher.
9. Our ongoing need for nursery workers is getting to a critical point. The Ministry Council has approved hiring some PT nursery workers for two Sundays a month starting in 2019. We hope that this will be a temporary situation. We will be advertising the positions on the LBC job board to start our search.
Our passage for this Sunday is Nehemiah 8. The walls of the Jerusalem have been restored, but the people still need to experience restoration in their relationship with God. We’ll be looking at how Nehemiah leads them through that process.
We are planning a very celebratory service on Sunday, with lots of opportunities to offer praise to God! Come ready to sing, come ready to smile, and come ready to celebrate our awesome and mighty Lord. You won’t want to miss this service, and don’t forget to invite a friend!